Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk sent me an awesome gift basket in celebration of July being National Ice Cream moth.
Now you can win one of these baskets too. 3 commenters who leave a comment on this post with their favorite homemade ice cream flavor will be randomly selected to win (US only please.)
Here’s what’s in the basket – everything you need to make ice cream (including a gift card to be able to buy the cream):
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (low fat, nonfat, and regular)
- Three types of toppings or mix-ins
- An ice cream scoop
- Two types of ice cream container holders (to keep ice cream cold on a picnic)
- an Awesome collapsible picnic basket
So just leave a comment below in the next two weeks to be entered to win.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk – Eagle Brand
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder – the higher quality the cocoa you use the better it will taste (I use an organic cocoa from my local coop)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Then all you have to do is heat the sweetened condensed milk over medium heat, add the cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated. I like to stir constantly for about 10 minutes to thicken the mixture slightly.
Then cool the milk/cocoa mixture for about 4-8 hours. Add the cream and vanilla and either cool in refrigerator for another few hours or pour into your ice cream maker and freeze.
That’s it – you’ll have some of the most amazing chocolate ice cream you will have ever tasted.
Don’t forget to enter to win the Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk basket! Just leave a comment below before August 19 and you’ll be entered to win!
Do you have any sweetened condensed milk ice cream recipes that you like to make?