Scoop 42: Decadence at Larry’s Ice Cream

by Ice Cream Maker Reviews on July 7, 2006

“Chocolate ice cream with chocolate and vanilla ribbon” is how this flavor is described at Larry’s Ice Cream in Dupont Circle. But, “Decadence” was a little bit of a disappointment. Not because it wasn’t good, but because it wasn’t what I expected. There was a very little “ribbon” of vanilla something in the ice cream, but not much at all. I’m not sure if the ribbon was supposed to be vanilla fudge, but it had a fudge consistency to it. The chocolate ice cream was really good. If it had just been chocolate ice cream I think I would have enjoyed it more because I wouldn’t have expected something extravagant. But there wasn’t any “decadence” to this ice cream. It just tasted like good chocolate ice cream.

• Flavor: 4
  • Flavor Intensity: 4
  • Texture: 4
  • Originality: 2
  • Overall: 3.5
  • Cost: $3.50

Decadence at Larry's

{ 2 trackbacks }

DCBlogs » DC Blogs Italia
August 8, 2006 at 7:38 pm
Cheap clonazepam.
November 24, 2009 at 7:40 am

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

kob July 8, 2006 at 9:05 pm

One ice cream a day? Supersize?

sprite July 10, 2006 at 12:20 am

I’ve had Decadence and I agree it’s not one of Larry’s best. But I can give enthusiastic thumbs up to two you haven’t reviewed: I am such a fan of Paradise (raspberry ice cream with a chocolate fudge swirl) that they just start scooping when I walk in. And my partner highly recommends Fred and Ginger (ginger and peach).

JLSCT August 7, 2006 at 9:38 pm

We made the AWFUL MISTAKE of visiting Larry’s Ice Cream on Sat, Aug 5 2006 while we were shopping at Dupont Circle. (Washington, D.C.)

We DON’T CARE if other readers think the SCOOP NAZI’S IMPATIENT, SNARLING, NASTINESS is part of the charm. Not for us! Equally good ice cream can be found in numerous (and more convenient!) parts of D.C.

We can’t understand why anyone would willingly enter an establishment where RUDE, SURLY, and REPELLENT BAD MANNERS are the norm.

If we had been aware of the SCOOP NAZI’S BLEMISHED REPUTATION, we would have (and now wished we had) gone someplace where spending money and the accompanying experience was a pleasure, not A NIGHTMARE.

You wouldn’t hire the staff here to work in your own office, so WHY on earth would you GROVEL to their SNARLING ABUSE and actually spend money here?

Tourists, Visitors, Residents – Please – AVOID THIS PLACE at all costs, in all weather, and for all reasons.

football bettingqs September 12, 2006 at 9:14 am

football betting qs football betting qs http://winning-football-betting.blogspot.comqs

judy September 29, 2006 at 12:33 am

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy decadence… but that may have been because didn’t know what you were getting..(decadence is one of my downfalls) It is in fact coco powder (thus a little bitterness), milk chocolate, and the swirl is actually white chocolate.. Can you tell I love the stuff… I also recommend the white chocolate with chocolate chips.. I’m craving again!!!

Best bookmaker online August 5, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Very interesting site, i will visit you eften, greetings.